Brachioplasty is a surgical technique which improving the contour of the upper arm. It is usually performed in patients whose skin in the upper arm has become loose due to major weight loss or aging. In these cases, the excess tissue needs to be removed and liposuction performed.
¿What does arm lift surgery involve, and what is the recovery period like
Arm lift surgery is performed under general and/or regional anaesthesia.
The scar is located on the inner arms, in some cases extending to the armpit. This means that in normal circumstances the scar is hidden.
In the postoperative period you should:
- Take care not to exert yourself.
- Wear a compression bandage or sleeve.
- Have lymphatic drainage 4 weeks after surgery.
- Have the stitches removed some time between seven and 21 days after surgery.
- Avoid exposure to the sun and physical exercise.
What will I achieve with an arm lift?
Your arms will be slimmer and more youthful-looking.