Nose surgery, or rhinoplasty, is the technique used to modify the nose and improve its shape, preserving its function and facial harmony
Characteristics of nose surgery
Broadly speaking, there are two types of surgery:
- Closed rhinoplasty, with incisions that are hidden inside the nostrils
- Open rhinoplasty, with intranasal incisions and a small external incision in the nasal septum.
After surgery, nasal tampons are placed in both nostrils that should be kept in place for 12-24h.
The nose is bandaged with tape and/or plaster for 7-10 days.
And after the operation?
- You should take things easy for the first 12-24 hours.
- You can shower 24 hours after the intervention.
- You should apply cold pads locally for the first 24 hours.
- Stitches are removed after 4-6 days.
What will I achieve with a rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty will enhance the harmony of your nose and face, helping to increase your self-confidence and self-esteem.